Monday, March 9, 2009

SRU Grounds Crew

Friends, as nice weather is finally upon us, I cannot help but think back to some of the horrible weather we had this past winter. This is my first semester at the rock and I am from Pittsburgh, which gets very minimal snow. The weather up here is like living in a frozen tundra! That being said, I must complain about the grounds crew on campus. How can they allow the sidewalks to be so icy all the time? If the problem is that there are not enough men, the school should hire more! We all know they have the funds......with all the money they draw in from PARKING TICKETS!!!!

3 comments:

  1. I completely agree. The weather sucks here. I am from Virginia so this is a big shock. I want to be somewhere warmer....And with the parking...that lady is crazy. She gives out tickets for being over the lines that are covered in snow?! How are we supposed to see the lines?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can totally agree with that. I am from a small town in New York State and we recieve a ton of snow and our roads and sidewalks are very well maintained than compared to here. I agree with you on that we are paying so much for parking tickets and fines they should invest that money better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to admit this semester deffinatly seemed like a frozen tundra like you said. However, I'm from the Erie area where lake effect snow always likes to surprise us. Another thing I would like to comment on is the grounds crew. I was unhappy with the conditions of the sidewalks until I was hired as a student laborer. Organizing a whole campus for snow removal is extremely difficult. I believe you would change your opinion if you were in their shoes for a day or two when we get heavy snowfalls.

    ReplyDelete