Tuesday, March 10, 2009
Healthy Eating Habits
Eating healthy can be quite a daunting task. It feels as if I would have to eat 24/7 if I tried to eat all the required fruits, vegetables, meats and dairy products required in a given day. This can be especially tough when going out to eat with friends or family. When selecting from a menu at a restaurant, stay away from anything fried. Look to eat grilled chicken, steak, salad, baked potato, steamed vegetables and rice or fish. These are healthy alternatives to some of the more popular fried chicken, french fries and the all-american hamburger.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
healthy eating habits are difficult but also achievable. At first it is hard to resist temptation. As you make healthy choices, however, they become the habit and the temptations you previously could not resist just seem like treats you enjoy once in a while. You start actually wanting to eat healthy and enjoy unhealthy foods once in a while the same way you would eat candy or a dessert.
ReplyDeleteI totally agree with you that eating healthy is near impossible. It is especially hard on a college student's budget. I think that is what I have found to be the hardest part. I look into the healthy organic types of food, it is just sooo expensive. It is so much easier to buy the cheap and unhealthy foods. I would reall like to do better with eating healthy though.
ReplyDelete